In the warm sun, we were giddy to explore the ancient town. Tarragona is an ancient Roman city, and many ruins remain today, including an amphitheater, aqueduct, Cathedral, and walls.
(ruins of the amphitheater)
We walked, and walked, and walked without a care in the world, and had a 2-and-a-half hour lunch at a charming restaurant. After three courses complete with wine, we could barley move. A parade of some sort went through the town all day, and I supposed it was related to Lent.The day was capped off when we reached the beach. We walked along streets above and right next too the beach, but figuring out how to find a bridge, go across trains tracks, and actually get to the water proved difficult. We got there in time for sunset and waded in the Mediterranean with our rolled up jeans a big sigh of utter contentment.
...and then you got sunburnt. Way to forget the ending of the story! :D I'm only slightly jealous of you and your beaches in the middle of March. I LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete